Who is organising this conference?
Dr Sophie Boyd (Glasgow, Human Geography), Edward Marshall (Glasgow, PhD researcher, Linguistics), Jessica Leary (RCS, PhD researcher), Dr Katy Lavinia Cooper (Glasgow, Director of Chapel Music).
What are our goals?
- Provide a forum for academic research that focuses on singing
- Be accessible for everyone with an interest in singing
- Foster knowledge exchange and collaboration between academic disciplines, and sharing of ideas between academics and practitioners
- Provide a space that facilitates and encourages practice alongside research
- Offer an opportunity for networking for and between academics and practitioners
- Opportunity to showcase singing and singing research taking place in Scotland
Accessibility is really important to us. With permission, all presentations (talks, poster, performances, workshops) will be recorded and will be available for delegates and attendees to view for up to 1 month subsequent to being put online. We hope this will make attendance easier for attendees and delegates in different time zones and/or who are working from home.
We understand that delegates and attendees may have caring responsibilities, especially at this time. We do not want these responsibilities to be a barrier for you to attend or present at the conference. Therefore, we want to reassure you that attending online with your child will be supported by us and we ask all attendees to be understanding so that everyone can benefit from a positive conference experience.
We will use Zoom functionality for closed captioning of talks.
If attending in person, the venues we are using within the university (Memorial Chapel, Concert Hall) are both wheelchair accessible.
If there’s anything else that we can do to make Spheres of Singing more accessible for you please let us know via email at email@example.com and we will do our best to help you.
Security online is paramount and we will do everything we can to make sure that the conference is safe. We will follow Zoom’s and the University of Glasgow’s guidance when setting up our sessions. Only specific people will be allowed to share screen and audio (chairs and presenters for that session only). Only registered attendees and delegates will be able to login to a session.